Art and Photo Shows: Calls for Entry
To post your Calls for entry here send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions: Tumbhi Photography Contest 2013
Entry Deadline: 15th August 2013
The contest invites entries in two categories: Nature and Wildlife.
Dance of the rains, picturesque natures capes, gushing streams, eclipses of the mighty moon, clouds creating mystery in the sky, wild forests with their magnificent wildlife, carnivores on the prowl, beautiful animals rarely coming out of the camouflage and so many other once in a lifetime moments – Get ready to capture images which will showcase your creativity, artistry and technical excellence ! Remember, there are Prizes worth $3000 to be won!
Fine Art Competition and Sale
Entry deadline: August 16, 2013
Weathersfield Academy for the Arts
431 Hartford Ave.
Wethersfield, CT 06109
Artists from around the country are invited to submit their art work to be included in our juried 2013 Fine Art Competition. Prizes totaling $2250 will be awarded. Entry registrations are due Aug. 16. Awards will be announced at the opening of the show on Sept. 26, 2013 at Comstock Ferre, Wethersfield. The show and sale will take place from Sept. 26 to Oct. 25, 2013. For the artists prospectus, go to: wethersfieldarts.org
Arts Center Killingworth’s Annual Outdoor Arts Festival and Open Studio Trail
Entry deadline: August 24, 2013
October 12-13, 2013. Seeking New England artists in all media. Exhibit on the Madison Town Green (Boston Post Rd/Copse Rd. Madison, CT) OR open a private studio on the Connecticut Shoreline. $60 Registration Fee. Deadline: August 24, 2013. Prospectus and registration form: artscenterkillingworth.org. Contact (860) 663-5593 or email@example.com.
Fall Fine Arts Festival of Southbury
Entry Deadline: 2013-08-30
at Fall Fine Arts Festival of Southbury
Southbury Green, 775 Main Street South, Southbury, CT 06488
Southbury, CT 06488
Call for Artists: Southbury Women’s Club is now accepting applications for the Annual Fall Fine Arts Festival of Southbury on 9/7/13.
For 9 years, this juried festival has provided an avenue for art lovers and artists to come face to face on our town’s picturesque New England Green. This unbeatable central location draws large crowds year after year.
10′ x 12′ booths are available for $65 if application is received by 7/31/13 ($75 on 8/1/13). 10’ x 24’ booths are $130 until 7/31/13 ($150 on 8/1/13). Download application at www.southburywomensclub.org . Please include 2 photos of work to be shown, 1 photo of completed display and 1 photo of workshop/studio. All work must be original and handmade by the exhibitor.
For more information contact Nannette Dorsey or Lauren Brenneman at FallFineArtsFestival@gmail.com or 203-706-0724
Sony World Photography Awards 2013 – Professional Competition
Entry deadline: September 1, 2013
Are you a serious photographer with a true passion for the job? Do you understand the craft of taking pictures, documenting a story, conceptualizing an idea, capturing emotions and evoking a response from those who view the finished product?
Submit your best work for the chance to become the next Sony World Photography Awards, Professional Photographer of the Year and win our most coveted prize, the L’Iris d’Or, along with prize money of $25,000. deadline: 09/01/2013
Annual Regional Painting Competition at The Guild of Boston Artists
Entry Deadline: September 3, 2013
The Guild of Boston Artists
162 Newbury St
Boston, MA 02116 617-536-7660
The Annual Regional Painting Competition is a juried exhibition featuring the best of representational painting by New England artists who work in the realist tradition.
The exhibition will be on view in the historic President’s Gallery at the Guild’s 162 Newbury Street location, where newly painted walls and
distinctive natural light create the ideal environment for viewing art.
Selected artists will have the opportunity to exhibit where the great artists of the Boston School showed their work. Please review the following information and if you have any questions, please call or e-mail the gallery at 617.536.7660 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cash awards and medals will be made. See the prospectus on our website for complete information.
Jurors: David Curtis, Alberta Geyer, Pamela Pindell
GUILFORD ART LEAGUE’S 66th ANNUAL JURIED EXHIBITION
Entry Deadline: September 7.
Open to artists in New England. Nationally known artist Frank Bruckmann will jury the exhibition. Two and three dimensional original work may be submitted. Max. width 48″. Receiving submissions September 7th between 10am-2pm. Mill Gallery, Guilford Art Center, Route 77, Guilford, CT. Email email@example.com for prospectus. For more information, contact Sheila Kaczmarek 203.645.8827.
Art That Lifts Our Spirits – Manhattan Arts International
Entry deadline: September 10, 2013
An online exhibition of 50 artists
September 23 – November 23, 2013
A Brief History
The mission of Manhattan Arts International is to help artists attain their highest potential. It was among the first art web sites to launch an online gallery in 1999. Prior to that it published Manhattan Arts International magazine to promote under-recognized artists, 1983-2000. Over the years Manhattan Arts International has been responsible for promoing the careers of thousands of artists from around the world, in all styles and media. (Read “About Us.”)
Purpose of “Art That Lifts Our Spirits” 2013
This exhibition is designed to bring attention to Art that is light-filled, optimistic, and positive. There will be many different interpretations of this theme and a wide display of subject matter, styles and mediums.
Judges will be basing their selections on how innovative the Artist is in expressing the theme. Entries will be judged on creative originality and technical merit.
All 2 and 3-D artwork in all subject matter, styles, media, and sizes will be accepted from artists worldwide including: painting, sculpture, drawing, encaustic, photography, digital art, and mixed media. (No video will be accepted.) Artists must be 18 years or older.
If your work was selected by us for a previous exhibition, please do not resubmit the same award-winning image.
50 Award Winners
50 Artists will be selected as Awards of Excellence winners and will have one of their entries featured in the Manhattan Arts International “Art That Lifts Our Spirits” exhibition, from September 23 – November 23, 2013.
Details to be announced soon
The artists selected for this important online exhibition will be widely promoted through our Manhattan Arts International website, Healing Power of ART blog, Email Newsletters and a publicity campaign that includes social media, and weekly Email News to more than 40,000 total subscribers and followers each month.
We will encourage viewers to contact the artists directly. We do not take any fee or commission for works sold online.
Entry deadline: September 10, 2013.
Exhibition dates: September 20 – November 20, 2013
Entry fee: $30 for up to 3 entries.
Payments may be made online through PayPal or by check.
Giclee of New England, Inc is a proud sponsor of this show
Craft Boston Spring 2014 at The Society of Arts and Crafts
Entry Deadline: September 12, 2013
175 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02116
Presented by The Society of Arts and Crafts, Craftboston Spring and Holiday are New England’s premiere juried exhibitions and sales of contemporary craft. They are mission-driven events that serve to support excellence in crafts by encouraging the creation, collection, and conservation of the work of craft artists, and by educating and promoting public appreciation of fine craftsmanship. Located at the Cyclorama at The Boston Center for the Arts, Craftboston Spring includes 90 artists. Craftboston Holiday is comprised of over 200 artists and is held at the Hynes Convention Center.
Both emerging and established artists are encouraged to apply. There is one application and one deadline to apply to either 2014 show. The deadline for applications is September 12th, 2013.
Digital Photo’s 1st Annual “Destinations Travel” Contest
Entry Deadline: 9/12/13
Submit your best travel images for a chance to get published in the December issue of Digital Photo magazine, and win a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 camera, an Arizona Highways Photo Workshop, a bookbaby Finalists Book, a Gura Gear Travel Backpack, and much more! Visit our website for rules, prizes and details on how to enter your best destination images to WIN! ($25 entry fee for up to 4 photos) Click here for more information and entry rules.
11th Annual Suffield Fine Art Festival
Entry deadline: September 2013
- Participate in our 11th annual ”Suffield Fine Art Festival”
- The event: An outdoor show of fine art, paintings and photography, open to all area artists.
- The setting: Suffield’s King House Museum, on South Main St., (Rte 75)
- The date: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 9:30 – 4:00. Rain date, September 28th. Mark Your Calendar!
- The cost for a 10′ x 10′ space:
- $15 TVAA member;
- $20 Non-member;
- $20 Shared space of two artists ($10 per artist);
- $30 Other Art Group/Club;
TVAA Members may display in our TVAA Group Tent: $2 Per Painting, Maximum 6 Pieces.
Picture it: A sunny Saturday in September. You’re part of one of the best art shows in our area, run “by artists, for artists”. Your artwork is displayed on the lawn of a beautifully restored colonial home in Suffield, with shade provided by 200 year old trees. There are 50+ booths here, and artists from all over New England.
Many are here year after year. Some are painting on site. In your booth are original pieces, and also prints. You may have greeting cards, and you may take commissions. Unlike most shows of this kind there is NO commission charge on your sales.
Art patrons stroll the grounds, in hopes of finding that perfect piece of artwork for their home, their office, or for a gift. Beverages and snacks are available. Music adds to the enchantment. There are door prizes, a prize for the best-appearing booth. Discover why many of our artists return year after year. Meet interesting people. Make some new friends. Enjoy a great day!
We are an established show, and enjoy many repeat customers who look forward to the Suffield Fine Art Festival every year. Why not join us this year and help to make our 11th anniversary show the best yet? Space is limited, so it’s best not to wait… (we already have several spaces reserved!) click here for more info
Entry Deadline: 10-05-2013
Juried by Amy Sadao, Daniel Dietrich II Director, Institute of Contemporary Art at the University of Pennsylvania
Online entry deadline: October 5, 2013
Show dates: December 11, 2013 – January 24, 2014
Open to artists living in New England, working in all media.
Awards: $1000 in cash & prizes
Full prospectus available July 1 at www.cambridgeart.org
Friends of the Agawam Public Library 5th Open Juried Art Show
Entry deadline: entries accepted between October 19, 2013 – November 2, 2013
- Start of two week drop off of art: From Sat. Oct. 19, 2013 any day during library hours (Mon-Thu 9-9, Fri 10-6, Sat 10-5) and on Sat. Nov. 2, 2013 from 10-1
- Last Day to Enter & Last Day to Drop off art at Library: Sat. Nov. 2, 2013 from10am-1pm
- Judging: Sat. 2pm, Nov. 2, 2013 Closed to public
- Pick up art not accepted in the Show: Nov. 4-6, 2013 Mon. 10-9, Tue. 10-9, Wed. 10-9
- Reception & Awards: Fri. 7pm – 9pm, Nov. 8, 2013
- Pick up art at end of show: Sat. 10am – 5pm, Nov. 30, 2013. If can’t come, call 413-789-1550 x8855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fees: Early-bird registration fee $25 per entry, if mail entry form & check by Sat. Oct. 19, 2013; otherwise, $30 after Oct. 19
- Entry: Multiple Entries per Category Allowed of original art only. Fee applies to each entry.
- Five Categories: Acrylics, Oils, Watercolors, Pastels, Other Media (pencil drawing, charcoals, pen and inks, block prints, collage, encaustics)
- Awards: Total $1,250 – Best in Show ($250) and 1st ($100), 2nd ($60), 3rd ($40) in each Category plus 10 Honorable Mentions
- Location: Agawam Public Library
- Street: 750 Cooper Street
- City: Agawam
- State & Zip: MA, 01001
- Download Prospectus/Entry form: http://www.agawamlibrary.org/about/friends.htm
Jury selections will be based on the review of the original artworks, rather than on slides or jpegs. Artwork must be wired for hanging with frame. Wrap around frame acceptable. Wired Frame edge-to-edge maximum is 20×24. No saw-tooth/clip hangers. 5% contribution from artist for art sold. (Art may be marked NFS.)
Selection & Awards Jurors/Judges: Robert K. Carsten and Steve Wilda
- Contact name: Bob Kadis
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Contact phone: 413-789-4814
Benefits: The Art Show is to benefit the Agawam Public Library and to help recognize and encourage artists.
Norcross Wildlife Sanctuary Contest
Entry deadline: entries accepted through November, 2013
The Norcross Wildlife Sanctuary, located at 30 Peck Road in Wales, MA is having a photo contest, so grab your camera and capture a scene, bird, plant, insect, animal, etc. The sanctuary’s trails are now open and the contest will continue until the closing of the season in November. Photographs must be taken from the walking trail system of Norcross during open hours only. The photos will be framed and displayed in the visitor center for all to enjoy and the winner of the contest will receive a van tour of the sanctuary. For more information, call 413-267-9654.
Share the Experience Photo Contest
Entry deadline: between now and December 31, 2013
We’re seeking amazing photos from amateur photographers that highlight the best of America’s federal lands, national parks and historical sites in these categories:
- Adventure & Outdoor Recreation
Share photos of your favorite activities and adventures on federal lands across America’s Great Outdoors – camping, hiking, biking, boating, fishing, kayaking, skiing, climbing, riding, etc.
- Historical & Cultural
Inspire with images depicting historical locations and cultural events – from national historical sites and monuments to cultural celebrations on federal lands
- Scenic, Seasons & Landscapes
Capture scenic vistas and sweeping landscapes — fall foliage, forests, winter wonderlands, flowers, mountains, deserts, canyons, lakes, beaches, rivers, and more.
- Let’s Move Outside!
Part of First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move! initiative, Let’s Move Outside! encourages kids and families to be active and explore America’s Great Outdoors. So, what are you waiting for? Get outside and share your adventure with us!
Take a walk on the wild side with photos of wildlife on federal lands – mammals, birds, insects, reptiles. Keep your distance and stay safe!
Photos must be taken on the lands or within the facilities of these participating agencies:
- National Park Service
- U.S. Bureau of Land Management
- U.S. Bureau of Reclamation
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- U.S. Forest Service
other guidelines: click here
Photographs must be taken between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2013 and contest entries are accepted from May 10, 2013 to December 31, 2013. Winners will be announced by May 1, 2014. click here to enter
Friends of the Agawam Public Library
Entry deadline: entries accepted between January 18, 2014 – February 1, 2014
- Show Name: 4th Open Juried Photography Show at the Agawam Public Library
- Show Dates: February 3 – 28, 2014
- Start of two week drop off of photo: Sat. Jan. 18, 2014 10-5 and then afterward during Library Hours
- Library Hours: Mon-Thu 9-9, Fri. 10-6, Sat. 10-5 except on Sat. Feb. 1, 2014 10-1
- Last Day to Enter & Last Day to Drop off photo at Library: Sat. Feb. 1, 2014 10 AM – 1 PM
- Judging: Sat. Feb. 1, 2014 2pm Closed to public
- Pick up photo not accepted in the Show: Mon., Tue. Feb. 3 & 4, 2014 10 AM – 8 PM
- Reception & Awards: Fri. Feb. 21, 2014 7 PM – 9 PM
- Pick up photo at end of show: Sat. Mar. 1, 2014 Noon – 5 PM. If can’t come, call 413-789-1550 x8855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fees: Early-bird registration fee $25 per entry, if mail entry form & check by Sat. Jan.18, 2014; $30 after Jan. 18
- Entry: Multiple Entries per Category Allowed. All images must be original and made by the photographer.
- Fee applies to each entry.
- Categories: Creative, Nature, Photojournalism, Pictorial
- Awards: Total $1,340 – Best in Show ($300) and 1st ($120), 2nd ($80), 3rd ($60) in each Category plus 8 Honorable Mentions for a total of 21 awards
- A category must have five or more submitted and accepted entries to qualify for awards. Friends of the Agawam Public Library reserves the right to eliminate a category, if there are not at least five entries submitted and accepted. Photo entry fee will be refunded.
- Location: Agawam Public Library, 750 Cooper Street, Agawam MA, 01001
- Download Prospectus/Entry form: http://www.agawamlibrary.org/about/friends.htm
- Contact Bob Kadis if you have problems downloading the entry form and he will mail it to you.
- Contact name: Bob Kadis
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Contact phone: 413-789-4814
- More Information:
- All images must be captured with light sensitive material (either film or digital).
- Jury selections will be based on the review of the original images, not digital files.
- Wired for hanging with frame; No saw-tooth/clip hangers
- Wired Frame edge-to-edge max 16×20
- 5% contribution from photographer for photo sold. (Photo may be marked NFS.)
- Non-refundable entry fee unless category does not have sufficient entries.
- All images must be original and made by the photographer.
- No Download images are allowed.
- CREATIVE - This category is where the photographer can go wild. Digital manipulation is allowed.
- NATURE - This category is restricted to natural subjects. Wild animals, flowers, birds etc. The hand of man may not be visible (fences, barns, homes, roads, etc.). No domestic flowers or animals (hybrid flowers, pets) are permitted. Digital manipulation is not allowed.
- PHOTOJOURNALISM - The story telling qualities in this venue is the most important. Technical qualities still apply, but the purpose of this venue is story telling. Digital manipulation is not allowed.
- PICTORIAL - This category can be most any photograph: Landscapes, People, Pets, Travel, Seascapes, etc. This is a pretty broad area. Digital manipulation is allowed.
- Selection & Awards Jurors: Paul Deegan and Barbara Krawczyk
Open call, artists working in all media for future exhibitions.
Entry Deadline: 2014-12-01
at W @ The Whit 42 Wendell Ave Pittsfield, MA 01331 4136958431
W @ the Whit is seeking submissions of art from artists working in all media for possibly placement in upcoming events and exhibitions. W @ the Whit is located in the main gallery of the Whitney Center for the Arts in a mansion in the historic Berkshires. Just down the Road from Tanglewood and Historic Lenox and a scenic drive from Mass MOCA. The Whitney Center for the Arts is in downtown Pittsfield, MA, Referred to as “The Brooklyn of the Berkshires” it is the largest city in the Berkshires and a growing artistic and cultural hub with several theaters and arts institutions within a few steps of the gallery.
Seeking submissions by artists working in any media for consideration for future exhibitions.
All submissions are to be done via email to WattheWhitSubmit@gmail.com .
Please include within the email-
-5 examples of your work and/or a link to where your work can be viewed on the internet.
-A description of each of the 5 images submitted including, name, dementions, year completed and retail price.
More Calls for Entry:
The National Association of Women Artists, Inc
Deadline entry: September 15, 2013; March 15, 2014
(N.A.W.A.) is inviting women artists to apply for memberships in three available categories: Regular Juried Membership, Student Juried Membership (BFA/MFA Students), Associate Membership—Non-Juried (emerging artists who are developing a professional body of work). Deadline for all applications: September 15 and March 15 of each year. (Excellent exhibition opportunities.) Please send SASE to: The National Association of Women Artists, Inc., 80 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1405, NY, NY 10011 or download application from our website: www.thenawa.org
FotoFanatic Monthly Photo Contest Enter the FotoFanatic monthly photo contest to be in with a chance to win a cash prize. Every month the members vote on 3 of the 4 categories. $2 per entry. For more information, visit http://www.fotofanatic.com/
Weekly Photo Com This photo competition is held weekly, with submissions from around the world. Entry fee is $1 per photo. Prize money depends on the amount of entries, since half of the entry fee is the dollar amount won. With 500 entries the winner will receive US$500.00, with 50,000 entries the winner will receive US $50,000. All participants are welcome. All work must be submitted online. Visit http://www.weeklyphotocomp.com/ for more information.
Illuminations at the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center Illuminations at the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center A rotating exhibit, for patients, families, friends and staff, intended to offer encouragement and shed light on the human experience. Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Open to all artists, mediums, and styles. For prospectus contact the program manager at (617) 726-4808orIlluminations@partners.org.
Daily Photo competitions Check out this site for daily photo