Calls for Entry
Entries will be accepted from February 1st, 2014 through May 31st, 2014 at 5:00 PM, EST.
Call for entries: This is a call for original documentary videos that explore and document the world around us. The top videos chosen will be featured as part of our new video series, Smithsonian In Motion. The winners may also be interviewed and highlighted by Smithsonian.com. Any entry, even those not selected as winners, may also be showcased and eligible for additional prizes. Rules and Guidelines
Smithsonian.com is looking for original videos that explore and document the world around us:
- Documentaries — Find a subject and tell us a story
- Time-lapse — Use this technique to capture everything from cityscapes to plant life
- How-to — Capture how things get accomplished, designed or fabricated
- Profiles — Document an artist or craftsman along with their area of expertise
- Interviews — Capture people’s stories and experiences
- Animation — Set an interesting personal or historical event to animation
- American Experience — Shoot a story that captures something uniquely American
What to Enter: Eligible videos are documentaries of up to up to 10 minutes in total length and 2 GB in size. File formats to be used: MOV, MP4, MPG, WMV. The videos must have been created (filmed and edited) since January 1st, 2013. The Smithsonian reserves the right to ask any entrant to provide written consent for certain or all persons appearing in the entered documentary or, in the case of a minor, the subject’s parent or guardian and provide it to the Smithsonian upon request.
Monson Arts Council 21st Anniversary Exhibition: Monson Arts Council Spring Art Show Weekends ~ March 29 – April 13, 2014
- Digital Art Entry Deadline: Feb 22 - Hand Delivered Art Entry Deadline: March 8, 9-11am
We welcome work in every medium. Categories listed below. There is a non-refundable entry fee ~ $25 for one or two works. One additional entry ~ $15. The Monson Arts Council commission on sales is 20%.
All entries must be
- originated by the artist
- completed within the past 3 years
- not previously exhibited in a Monson Arts Council show
- for sale
Please select from one of the following categories which best suits your work.
- Three Dimensional Work
Work must be framed and wired for hanging. Work improperly framed or wired will be declined. Please, NO frames w/o wire attached, NO alligator clips. Sculpture or mixed media must also be ready to hang or to exhibit safely. You may provide a stand suitable for your work. Work may not exceed 48″ high x 72″ wide.
- Pickup & Delivery Dates ~ Snow Dates = Next day.
- Digital Art Entry Deadline: Feb 22
- Notification of Acceptance Digital Art: March 20
- Delivery of Digital Art Accepted for Show: March 22, 11am – 1pm
- Hand Delivered Art Entry Deadline: March 8, 9-11am
- Notification of Acceptance Delivered Art: March 20
- Pickup Delivered Art Not Accepted: March 22, 9-11am
- Delivery of Work for Print Shop: March 22, 9 – 11am
- Post Show Art Pickup & Continental Breakfast: April 19, 9-11am
- Alternate Art Pickup: April 26, 10 -11am
- Pickup for work not sold in Print Shop: April 19, 9-11am
Deadline: March 7, 2014.
OPEN CALL: Contemporary Ceramic Work for Juried Exhibition. Juror: Garth Clark. Two prize winners awarded joint exhibition in 2015. Exhibition: May 2–June 6, 2014. Entry guidelines: creativeartsworkshop.org. Creative Arts Workshop, 80 Audubon St., New Haven, CT; (203) 562-4927.
Entry deadline: March 15.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION:
The Center for Contemporary Printmaking is delighted to announce the 4th Biennial Footprint International 2014: a competition and exhibition for fine-art prints that are exactly one foot square (30.5 cm square).
The square format was uncommon in art until the advent of 20th century abstraction. Rectangular horizontal and vertical shapes for landscape and portraiture, respectively, were, and in fact still are, the norm. For one thing, composing in the square is an artistic challenge.
Footprint International 2014 presents an opportunity for contemporary printmakers to address the square in 12 inches by 12 inches (30.5 x 30.5 cm). Footprint International is held every other year, alternating with CCP’s biennial International Miniature Print Competition.
299 West Ave., Norwalk, CT. Open to printmaking artists: only original fine art prints that measure exactly one foot square (12 x 12 inches). Juried. Cash prizes and purchase awards. Entry deadline: March 15. Prospectus: contemprints.org
The application deadline is March 28.
Happening on June 13, 2014 – June 15, 2014
The event will be held June 13-15, 2014 at Cox Reservation in Essex, MA. If you are an artist interested in participating, contact Shelley at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is March 28. A application packet will be posted shortly, or email Shelley to be added to the distribution list.
deadline:by March 31 2014
For a chance to win a share of the $20,000 in cash and prizes. $25 entry fee permits you to enter up to 10 images into the competition. Presented by the California Academy of Sciences. click here for details
Photographers (ages 18 and above) should enter images in one of the below categories. The same photo cannot be entered in more than one category. Judges reserve the right to switch images to other categories. Kids and youth should enter their images (of any of the below subjects) into their respective age division. Entrants must not submit images that involve the willful harassment of wildlife or damage to the environment by the photographer. Baiting of wildlife is prohibited.
Eligibility: Open to all 18+
Entry Fee: $25 for up to ten (10) images.
- Land Mammals Wild animals photographed in their natural habitat anywhere in the world. Images may include land based mammals whether they spend the majority of their time in trees or on the land.
- Birds Wild birds photographed anywhere in the world, in flight or perched or displaying any other behavioral characteristics.
- Insects, Reptiles, Marine Mammals, Fish and Amphibians Wild animals, except land mammals, photographed in their natural habitat anywhere in the world. Images may include reptiles, marine mammals, insects, fish or amphibians.
- Waterscapes, Landscapes and Plant Life Captivating images of wild places with a unique perspective, from expansive landscape vistas of forests, deserts and mountains to the micro habitats of plants and other flora. Images may include water environments of oceans, lakes and rivers with images taken above or under water including waves, tide pools and other water scenes.
- Conservation Imagery Images that tell a visual story about conservation issues of the natural world. Images should illustrate the impacts of humans on the environment and can be either positive or negative impact stories
Deadline for applications is April 1
WHO: Sponsored by the Shoreline Unitarian Universalist Society of Madison, CT
- Shoreline Spring Festival will feature:
- 125 Artists, Artisans, Fair Trade Vendors & Farms
- Prepared Food Vendors
- Non-Profit and Community Organizations
WHERE: Madison Green, Madison CT 06443 WHEN: Saturday, May 17, 2014, 10am – 5pm
VENDOR FEES and DEADLINES:
- Standard Reserved space 20’x10’: $65 Non-Profit: $35
- All work exhibited or offered for sale must be the original design and product of the exhibitor and will be representative of the works submitted for acceptance.
- SUUS will contact exhibitors by email within four weeks of receipt of their application as to whether they have been accepted. Additional information about the event will be emailed closer to the event date. Please be sure you print your email address clearly on the application and/or include business card!
- Deadline for applications is April 1 for inclusion in our map, program book and website. Any openings still available after that time will cost $80 for vendors and $45 for non-profit and cannot be guaranteed inclusion in printed materials.
Entry Deadline- March 31, 2014
About the Prize: The Williams Prize in Drawing for Emerging Artists is a celebration of drawing as a critical element in contemporary art making and as an art form with powerful expressive possibilities. The prize was designed to provide a venue through which emerging artists can share, on a national stage, both their unique visions and their drawing skills. The Williams Prize in Drawing for Emerging Artists is designed for applicants who are creating 2D drawings with either traditional methods, or more experimental contemporary approaches and materials, and who have limited experience exhibiting their work. We encourage applicants from all fifty states.
The Williams Prize in Drawing for Emerging Artists is funded by The Artist for Artists ProjectTM, an outreach initiative of the arts advocacy firm, McWilliams Francisco, LLC. Through The Artist for Artists ProjectTM, our mission is to provide opportunity and recognition to emerging visual artists in the form of competitive prizes and juried exhibitions.
The Provincetown Art Association
Deadline: April 1, 2014
announces the Lillian Orlowsky and William Freed Foundation Grant. Grants will be given to painters aged 45 or older in support of the highest merit by lesser known and needy artists. Applications are available online at www.paam.org or by calling (508) 487-1750.Completed applications must be postmarked by April 1, 2014. Click here for application
Entry Deadline: April 11, 2014
The seventh annual CT+6 regional juried exhibit is open to artists in all mediums from CT, New York and New England, and will be on exhibit from May 1 – June 15 in the West Hartford Art League’s two galleries.
Best of Show prize is $1,000 cash, plus a one person exhibit in one of the Art Leagues two galleries during the 2014- 2014 exhibition calendar. There is also an additional $1,000 worth of cash prizes and awards.
A prospectus will be available for download on the West Hartford Art Leagues website, under call for artists, starting February 20th. click here for prospectus
411 Church Street
Guilford, CT 06437203-453-5947
Entry Deadline: April 11. 2014
Soulcology (n): a word to describe the emotional and psychological component of how personal lives affect artists’ work, design, and process. This is a juried fine metals show that will display a broad spectrum of the many works that can be made of metal. Expressively displaying the many techniques used to conform metal into items from the organic to the angular, from jewelry to sculpture, to functional art and beyond. Awards. Submit up to three images. Juror: Robert Dancik. Visit www.guilfordartcenter.org for all application information.
Submission deadline: April 14, 2014
Norwalk, Connecticut Budget: $ 100,000 | The Norwalk Redevelopment Agency, Norwalk CT, invites all professional artists or teams of artists, with experience in executing public art projects to apply for a public art commission. Artists are asked to submit qualifications and design proposals for a permanent artwork(s) to be installed on the West Avenue Corridor, a public arterial linking downtown and south Norwalk.
The West Avenue Corridor includes I-95/Route 7 overpasses and retaining walls. The commission will support design, creation, installation and maintenance of artwork on the concrete retaining wall in order to create a more hospitable point of connection between the neighborhoods of the nearby 16,000 residents and the 40,000 daily vehicle trips that pass through the corridor. This commission is one element in a larger master plan for the transformation of the West Avenue Corridor, which includes streetscaping, landscaping, bicycle lanes underpass and pedestrian lighting.
Deadline: April 28, 2014
Professionals: $35 | Amateurs: $12
PhotoServe/WPPI members will receive a discount: (Professionals: $24.50 | Amateurs: $8.40)
- ·Plants, Animals
- ·Insects and Gardens
- ·Beaches, Islands and Underwater
- ·Parks and Safaris
- ·Outdoor Sports and Activities
PRIZES: One professional grand-prize winner will receive:
- ·A $500 gift card from Adorama
- ·A GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition camera
- ·More prizes to come!
All professional first-place winners will receive:
- ·A PhotoServe.com portfolio
- ·A one-year subscription to PDN
One amateur grand-prize winner will receive:
- ·A $500 gift card from Adorama
- ·A GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition camera
- ·Free tuition to
- ·A MatadorU’s Travel Photography Course
- ·A one-year subscription to MatadorAccess
All amateur first-place winners will receive:
- A one-year subscription to MatadorAccess
Eight professional and amateur
first-place winners will receive:
- ·A $100 Adorama gift card
Art in the Courtyard 2014: Art and Fine Crafts at the Lowell Folk Festival A Collaboration Between the Lowell Folk Festival and the Brush Art Gallery
Applications Due: May 30, 2014 (delivered, not postmarked).
Artists and artisans are invited to apply to exhibit at Art in the Courtyard 2014, the arts and fine crafts component of the 28th annual Lowell Folk Festival. Each year over 100,000 visitors enjoy the country’s largest free festival. Art in the Courtyard provides an opportunity for them to visit and purchase some of the finest art and craftwork being produced.
Art in the Courtyard is held in the shaded, brick-lined courtyard conveniently located between the Lowell National Historical Park Visitor Center and the Brush Art Gallery and Studios. The courtyard is adjacent to one of the main music and dance stages at the Festival. Tents are set up for the artists to provide a welcoming place, rain or shine. The Brush Gallery & Artists’ Studios is coordinating Art in Courtyard 2014 in collaboration with the Lowell Folk Festival and the Lowell National Historical Park.
- Dates of event: • Saturday, July 26, noon – 7:30 p.m. • Sunday, July 27, noon – 6 p.m.
- Applications Due: • May 30, 2014 (delivered, not postmarked).
- For application, instructions and more information on this exciting event: www.artinthecourtyard.org
- Questions? email@example.com
- Click here for application form
Momentum: Images of Dance — the tenth annual Sanford L. Rosenberg Memorial Dance Photography Competition.
June 1, 2014
- Each contestant may submit up to 3 entries (black and white or color)
- Each photograph must be 8″ x 10″ borderless – submitted works not following this instruction will be immediately disqualified (please use high quality photographic paper – matt or gloss)
- Each photograph must be numbered on the back corner to correspond with the listing on the application form (use soft pencil)
- Do not write on back of photo except to provide number in a corner as described above
- All contestants must submit a completed application with their entries
The 2014 contest will award six prizes: First, Second, Third and Fourth place; C.V.R.B. Commendation Prize and Honorable Mention. All six winners will receive graduated monetary awards and frameable certificates.
In addition, six juried winners will be awarded a frameable certificate.
All 12 winning images will be displayed on the website in 2014. Copy protection will be provided.
Sony World Photography Awards 4 competitions
Professional Competition – for serious photographers. Close 09/01/2014 http://worldphoto.org/competitions/sony-world-photography-awards-2014-professional-competition/
Open Competition – for amateurs and enthusiasts. Close 06/01/2014 http://worldphoto.org/competitions/sony-world-photography-awards-2014-open-competition/
Student Focus – for those studying photography. Close 12/06/2013 http://worldphoto.org/student-focus/2014-student-focus-competition/
Youth Award – for anyone aged 19 and under. Close06/01/2014 http://worldphoto.org/competitions/sony-world-photography-awards-2014-youth-award/
Open call, artists working in all media for future exhibitions.
Entry deadline: December 1, 2014
at W @ The Whit 42 Wendell Ave Pittsfield, MA 01331 4136958431
W @ the Whit is seeking submissions of art from artists working in all media for possibly placement in upcoming events and exhibitions. W @ the Whit is located in the main gallery of the Whitney Center for the Arts in a mansion in the historic Berkshires. Just down the Road from Tanglewood and Historic Lenox and a scenic drive from Mass MOCA. The Whitney Center for the Arts is in downtown Pittsfield, MA, Referred to as “The Brooklyn of the Berkshires” it is the largest city in the Berkshires and a growing artistic and cultural hub with several theaters and arts institutions within a few steps of the gallery.
Seeking submissions by artists working in any media for consideration for future exhibitions.
All submissions are to be done via email to WattheWhitSubmit@gmail.com .
Please include within the email-
-5 examples of your work and/or a link to where your work can be viewed on the internet.
-A description of each of the 5 images submitted including, name, dementions, year completed and retail price.
Monday, October 20, 2014
Create a work of art using ONLY the materials provided in a Mystery Build kit! What’s inside? We can’t tell you, but you can expect to find some common art materials like wood, clay, canvas, metal, and plenty of surprises. All 2014 kits contain the same materials, so each creator faces the same challenges and limitations. It’s a project that combines the creation of art, the challenge of a puzzle, and the fun of a game.
Mystery build is ideal for anyone looking to go beyond the standard art contest, to not only showcase their strongest talents and skills but also stretch their creative muscles and think and work in entirely new ways. The theme this year is “Build a Dream”. What does that mean? You tell us.
Purchase a Mystery Build kit and your project materials will be shipped to your door. Create an original project using only the materials provided, that relates to the contest’s theme. Share your creation online. Upload images and/or video of your project, as well as images/video of your work in progress. http://mysterybuild.com/
The Payoff: Fortune and Fame. Judges and voters will select the winners of cash awards! Winning artists get nationwide exposure on our website! 2014: $21,000 in cash awards
More Calls for Entry:
Seeking video art (no films please) for public display at Saint Michael’s College in Vermont. Please submit vimeo, youtube or personal website links or send hard copies to the address below as high definition H.264/MPEG-‐4 on a dvd or flash memory stick. Work submitted as links are required to send hard copies if selected. Any length work will be considered. No submission fee required, but hard copies of works will not be returned. Review of submissions will happen quarterly but are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Selected videos will be displayed either individually or as a curated group (depending on length and content). Works will be displayed for one month during the academic year on a 47″ HD flat screen TV located in the Saint Edmund’s Hall Lounge.
The National Association of Women Artists, Inc
Entry deadline: March 15, 2014
(N.A.W.A.) is inviting women artists to apply for memberships in three available categories: Regular Juried Membership, Student Juried Membership (BFA/MFA Students), Associate Membership—Non-Juried (emerging artists who are developing a professional body of work). Deadline for all applications: September 15 and March 15 of each year. (Excellent exhibition opportunities.) Please send SASE to: The National Association of Women Artists, Inc., 80 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1405, NY, NY 10011 or download application from our website: www.thenawa.org
FotoFanatic Monthly Photo Contest Enter the FotoFanatic monthly photo contest to be in with a chance to win a cash prize. Every month the members vote on 3 of the 4 categories. $2 per entry. For more information, visit http://www.fotofanatic.com/
Weekly Photo Com This photo competition is held weekly, with submissions from around the world. Entry fee is $1 per photo. Prize money depends on the amount of entries, since half of the entry fee is the dollar amount won. With 500 entries the winner will receive US$500.00, with 50,000 entries the winner will receive US $50,000. All participants are welcome. All work must be submitted online. Visit http://www.weeklyphotocomp.com/ for more information.
Illuminations at the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center Illuminations at the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center A rotating exhibit, for patients, families, friends and staff, intended to offer encouragement and shed light on the human experience. Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Open to all artists, mediums, and styles. For prospectus contact the program manager at (617) 726-4808orIlluminations@partners.org.
Daily Photo competitions Check out this site for daily photo