Calls for Entry
To post your Calls for entry here send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Monson Arts Council Plans Body Art Show
The Monson Arts Council has announced plans to hold a show of tattoos and body art on July 4 2013, as part of the annual Summer Fest activities. It will be called “bodyARTfest”, and will take place in the Monson House of Art from 11-2, immediately following the annual 4th of July parade.
The show will include two kinds of displays of body art: living and framed. The main exhibits will be people displaying their own body art, and competing for prizes in several categories:. Best in Show ($200), Most Creative ($100), Strongest Statement ($100) and “What was I Thinking?” ($50). Anyone who wishes to put their artwork on display can do so for a $25 entry fee, and by filling out an entry form, found on the website www.monsonartscouncil.com.
The second category of display is tattoo and body art designs and photographs, which will be offered for view and sale by participating tattoo parlors and body art shops, which will reserve rooms or walls for their work. In addition, any artwork depicting body art may be entered for exhibit and sale.
The idea for a body art show has been discussed by the Monson Arts Council for several years, and is finally coming to fruition. There is a lively body art culture in the valley, and a growing popularity of body art among a wider segment of the population than has traditionally been the case. The Monson Arts Council feels there are many manifestations of the artistic impulse in our culture beyond those normally found in galleries.
Anyone interested in participating in the show, or in further information about the bodyARTfest, may call Reed Coles at (413)537-0245, or visit the council website www.MonsonArtsCouncil.com.
Friends of the Agawam Public Library 5th Open Juried Art Show at the Agawam Public Library November 4 – 29, 2013
- Start of two week drop off of art: From Sat. Oct. 19, 2013 any day during library hours (Mon-Thu 9-9, Fri 10-6, Sat 10-5) and on Sat. Nov. 2, 2013 from 10-1
- Last Day to Enter & Last Day to Drop off art at Library: Sat. Nov. 2, 2013 from10am-1pm
- Judging: Sat. 2pm, Nov. 2, 2013 Closed to public
- Pick up art not accepted in the Show: Nov. 4-6, 2013 Mon. 10-9, Tue. 10-9, Wed. 10-9
- Reception & Awards: Fri. 7pm – 9pm, Nov. 8, 2013
- Pick up art at end of show: Sat. 10am – 5pm, Nov. 30, 2013. If can’t come, call 413-789-1550 x8855 or email email@example.com
- Fees: Early-bird registration fee $25 per entry, if mail entry form & check by Sat. Oct. 19, 2013; otherwise, $30 after Oct. 19
- Entry: Multiple Entries per Category Allowed of original art only. Fee applies to each entry.
- Five Categories: Acrylics, Oils, Watercolors, Pastels, Other Media (pencil drawing, charcoals, pen and inks, block prints, collage, encaustics)
- Awards: Total $1,250 – Best in Show ($250) and 1st ($100), 2nd ($60), 3rd ($40) in each Category plus 10 Honorable Mentions
- Location: Agawam Public Library
- Street: 750 Cooper Street
- City: Agawam
- State & Zip: MA, 01001
- Download Prospectus/Entry form: http://www.agawamlibrary.org/about/friends.htm
Jury selections will be based on the review of the original artworks, rather than on slides or jpegs. Artwork must be wired for hanging with frame. Wrap around frame acceptable. Wired Frame edge-to-edge maximum is 20×24. No saw-tooth/clip hangers. 5% contribution from artist for art sold. (Art may be marked NFS.)
Selection & Awards Jurors/Judges: Robert K. Carsten and Steve Wilda
- Contact name: Bob Kadis
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact phone: 413-789-4814
Benefits: The Art Show is to benefit the Agawam Public Library and to help recognize and encourage artists.
Friends of the Agawam Public Library
- Show Name: 4th Open Juried Photography Show at the Agawam Public Library
- Show Dates: February 3 – 28, 2014
- Start of two week drop off of photo: Sat. Jan. 18, 2014 10-5 and then afterward during Library Hours
- Library Hours: Mon-Thu 9-9, Fri. 10-6, Sat. 10-5 except on Sat. Feb. 1, 2014 10-1
- Last Day to Enter & Last Day to Drop off photo at Library: Sat. Feb. 1, 2014 10 AM – 1 PM
- Judging: Sat. Feb. 1, 2014 2pm Closed to public
- Pick up photo not accepted in the Show: Mon., Tue. Feb. 3 & 4, 2014 10 AM – 8 PM
- Reception & Awards: Fri. Feb. 21, 2014 7 PM – 9 PM
- Pick up photo at end of show: Sat. Mar. 1, 2014 Noon – 5 PM. If can’t come, call 413-789-1550 x8855 or email email@example.com
- Fees: Early-bird registration fee $25 per entry, if mail entry form & check by Sat. Jan.18, 2014; $30 after Jan. 18
- Entry: Multiple Entries per Category Allowed. All images must be original and made by the photographer.
- Fee applies to each entry.
- Categories: Creative, Nature, Photojournalism, Pictorial
- Awards: Total $1,340 – Best in Show ($300) and 1st ($120), 2nd ($80), 3rd ($60) in each Category plus 8 Honorable Mentions for a total of 21 awards
- A category must have five or more submitted and accepted entries to qualify for awards. Friends of the Agawam Public Library reserves the right to eliminate a category, if there are not at least five entries submitted and accepted. Photo entry fee will be refunded.
- Location: Agawam Public Library, 750 Cooper Street, Agawam MA, 01001
- Download Prospectus/Entry form: http://www.agawamlibrary.org/about/friends.htm
- Contact Bob Kadis if you have problems downloading the entry form and he will mail it to you.
- Contact name: Bob Kadis
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact phone: 413-789-4814
- More Information:
- All images must be captured with light sensitive material (either film or digital).
- Jury selections will be based on the review of the original images, not digital files.
- Wired for hanging with frame; No saw-tooth/clip hangers
- Wired Frame edge-to-edge max 16×20
- 5% contribution from photographer for photo sold. (Photo may be marked NFS.)
- Non-refundable entry fee unless category does not have sufficient entries.
- All images must be original and made by the photographer.
- No Download images are allowed.
- CREATIVE - This category is where the photographer can go wild. Digital manipulation is allowed.
- NATURE - This category is restricted to natural subjects. Wild animals, flowers, birds etc. The hand of man may not be visible (fences, barns, homes, roads, etc.). No domestic flowers or animals (hybrid flowers, pets) are permitted. Digital manipulation is not allowed.
- PHOTOJOURNALISM - The story telling qualities in this venue is the most important. Technical qualities still apply, but the purpose of this venue is story telling. Digital manipulation is not allowed.
- PICTORIAL - This category can be most any photograph: Landscapes, People, Pets, Travel, Seascapes, etc. This is a pretty broad area. Digital manipulation is allowed.
- Selection & Awards Jurors: Paul Deegan and Barbara Krawczyk
Sponsoring Group Name: Pascommuck Conservation Trust
Submission Due Date: May 25, 2013
Submission Fees: free
Seeking submissions of two and three dimensional original artwork. Artwork should embrace the spirit of “open space” and “conservation” and might include subjects such as landscapes, agriculture, wildlife and/or use of natural materials. Artist to receive half of any sales and the other half to be donated to the Pascommuck Conservation Trust for trail/access improvement and building on PCT public lands. For more information, please contact Marlies Stoddard.
Contact: Marlies Stoddard
Call for Entries Sculptures & Installations
Thank you for your interest in participating in the 2nd Biennial Award-Winning Art In the Orchard Sculpture Exhibition August 10 – October 31, 2013 Park Hill Orchard Easthampton, Massachusetts For questions contact Jean-Pierre Pasche at (413) 529-9265 or email AiO@parkhillorchard.com
Application forms also available at Parkhill Orchard
CHEAP ART SHOW
Sponsoring Group Name: Paper City Performance Space
Submission Due Date: 4pm, May 24, 2013
Submission Fees: none
The show will run from May 24 to June 15. Any size and medium is fine, but the work must be able to be hung on a clothesline in some fashion. We’ll have clothespins. Each work must have your name clearly listed on the back of the art and a price, and that price must be $10 or less. We take half of that selling price. Visitors to the show will be able to see the work, take work off the line to purchase, and take that work home with them. Artists will be paid at the end of the show. Contact for more information.
“It’s Pastel!” Fifth Annual National Juried Exhibition
– The Pastel Society of New Hampshire announces a call to artists for its annual national juried exhibition, October 26 – November 30, 2013 at Discover Portsmouth Center, Portsmouth, NH. Awards: $5,000+; $1,000 Best in Show. Juror of Selection: Fred Somers, PSA; Juror of Awards: Gigi Liverant, PSA. Open to all artists in the United States. Artists may enter up to 3 digital images. Work must be original soft pastels only. No classroom or workshop work allowed. All paintings must be for sale. Deadline: July 15, 2013. Members: $35, Non-Members: $45. Visit website for prospectus, or send a SASE to: Sally Shea, 33 Pebble Beach Dr., Bedford, NH 03110. Click here for Prospectus.
North East Watercolor Society International Exhibition
The North East Watercolor Society announces a call to artists for a juried exhibition, October 19 – November 3, 2013 at The Gallery at the Kent Art Association, Kent, CT. Approx. $7,500 in awards. Juror: James McFarlane. All artists 18+, Water media on paper. Entry fee: 1/$25 or 2/$40. Deadline: July 20, 2013. Visit website for prospectus, or send a SASE to: NEWS, 866 Cadosia Rd, Hancock, NY 13783. Questions? Contact Richard Price email@example.com or call 607-637-3412. http://www.northeastws.com/events.htm click here for Prospectus
August 1 Deadline for Artist’s Resource Trust (A.R.T.) Fund
Grants available in painting, sculpture, printmaking, or mixed media to mid-career artists with financial need in New England and Columbia and Northeast Dutchess counties, NY. Non-profit organizations wishing to show, commission, or purchase work by mature artists living in New England may also apply. Grants range from $2,000 to $10,000. Applications and artwork must be submitted through our online grant portal at www.berkshiretaconic.org. Deadline August 1.
2013 Fine Art Competition & Sale at Wethersfield Academy for the Arts
431 Hartford Ave.
Wethersfield, CT 06109 www.wethersfieldarts.org
Entry Deadline: 2013-08-16
Artists from around the country are invited to submit their art work to be included in our juried 2013 Fine Art Competition. Prizes totaling $2250 will be awarded. Entry registrations are due Aug. 16. Awards will be announced at the opening of the show on Sept. 26, 2013 at Comstock Ferre, Wethersfield. The show and sale will take place from Sept. 26 to Oct. 25, 2013. For the artists prospectus, go to: www.wethersfieldarts.org
The 25th annual National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest
is now accepting submissions. Harness the power of photography and share your stunning travel experiences from around the globe with us. Enter today for a chance to win a National Geographic Expedition to the Galápagos and have your photo published in National Geographic Traveler magazine.
How to Enter: To begin the entry process, go to the Enter page, where you’ll be prompted to sign-in and setup an account. Upload your photograph and complete an entry form, including the following required information: name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and photo caption. Entries are $15 and you may submit as many entries as you wish. For more information, please read the Rules.
Categories Submit in any of the following categories:
- Travel Portraits: Locals working, playing, celebrating
- Outdoor Scenes: Landscapes, aerials, wildlife, waterscapes
- Sense of Place: Pictures that evoke the essence of a place
- Spontaneous Moments: Fun, quirky, surprising, and unrehearsed moments
- First Prize: A 10-day Galápagos National Geographic Expedition for two
- Second Prize: A 7-day National Geographic Photography Workshop
- Third Prize: A 6-day cruise on a Maine windjammer schooner for two
- 7 Merit Prizes: $200 gift certificates to B&H Photo and a matted and framed print of your entry
Enter the 43rd Annual National Wildlife Federation Photo Contest and you could see your photo featured in an upcoming issue of National Wildlife magazine, right next to pictures from the world’s top nature photographers.
Early Bird Bonus! Enter and upload your photos by May 15th and you’ll get to enter 5 additional photos in the contest absolutely free!
Deadline for Submissions: August 1, 2013, 11:59 pm Hosted by the Northampton Arts Council
THEME: “Be Here Now”
The Northampton Arts Council enthusiastically invites submissions for their 2013 Biennial.
This year’s theme, “Be Here Now” can be interpreted freely by 2D, 3D, video, and performance artists. We encourage submissions of large 3-dimensional and performative weather-tolerant art for our expanded outdoor exhibition space on the Forbes Library lawn.
EXHIBITION DATES: Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013 through Thursday, October 31st.
EXHIBITION LOCATION: Hosmer Gallery, Forbes Library, 20 West Street, Northampton, MA
ELIGIBILITY: We invite all artists residing in Hampshire, Hampden, Franklin and Berkshire Counties to submit.
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY AUGUST 1, 2013, 11:59 PM
TYPES OF ARTWORK ACCEPTED: All two and three dimensional media in any style (abstract, conceptual, representational, etc) as well as video and performing arts will be considered.
A brief explanation (75 words or less) of how the work relates to the theme will be requested with accepted work.
Please submit only work that has been completed in the last three years.
Sponsoring Group Name: Becket Arts Center
Submission Due Date: August 1
Submission Fees: none
Multi-media, painting, sculpture and things that don’t have a name, the works in this exhibit show a freedom of expression unbounded by academic norms. Beyond Outsider Art, they may be created by trained or untrained artists. Whether responding only to something deep within, or influenced by the post-modern cyber-connected world as a whole, they reflect the utterly unique visions of the individual artists represented. Have you ever done work that is so strange, so unlike anything you’ve maybe seen or done and you figure no gallery will want to show it? That’s what we’re looking for.
Contact: Wednesday Sorokin
The Epson International Pano Awards
Earlybird entries are open until Sunday 14th July, 2013
There will be a late entry period from Monday 15th July until Sunday 21st July, 2013. Late entry fees will apply.
The fourth Epson International Pano Awards is dedicated to the art of panoramic photography. Advances in digital photography and software such as PTGui and Adobe Photoshop has resulted in an explosion in image stitching, especially in the panoramic format. Panoramic film photography also remains alive and well.
The Epson International Pano Awards showcases the work of panoramic photographers worldwide and is the largest competition for panoramic photography.
The 2013 competition is now open for all professional and amateur photographers with a record combined prize pool of approximately $35,000 in cash and prizes!
Academic Artists Association 63rd Annual National Exhibition
Vernon Community Art Center
709 Hartford Turnpike
Hand delivered submissions due at the Vernon Community Art Center 709 Hartford Turnpike, Vernon, CT, June 22 10am to 2pm Notification: posted on Website June 27 http://www.academicartistsassociation.com
a juried exhibit of artwork using books as a material or format. ArtisTree Gallery and Pentangle Arts Council in Woodstock, VT are accepting entries for this third annual book arts show. Artists working in New England and New York only. Deadline: June 15. Visit artistreevt.org/gallery for all entry details.
C A L L F O R E X H I B I T O R S
Art in the Courtyard 2013, a venue of the Lowell Folk Festival
Artists and artisans are invited to apply to exhibit in Art in the Courtyard 2013, the art and fine craft component of the 27th annual Lowell Folk Festival. Each year over 100,000 visitors enjoy the country’s largest free festival. Art in the Courtyard provides an opportunity for them to visit and purchase some of the finest art and craftwork being produced.
Art in the Courtyard is held in the shaded, brick-lined courtyard conveniently located between the Lowell National Historical Park Visitor Center and the Brush Art Gallery and Studios. The courtyard is adjacent to one of the main music and dance stages in the Festival. Tents are set up for the artists to provide a welcoming place, rain or shine.
The Brush Gallery & Artists’ Studios and the Cultural Organization of Lowell (COOL) are coordinating Art in Courtyard 2013 in collaboration with the Lowell Folk Festival and the Lowell National Historical Park.
Dates of event:
Saturday, July 27, noon 8:30 p.m.
Sunday, July 28, noon 5 p.m.
Applications are due June 1, 2013 (delivered, not postmarked).
For application form, instructions and more information on this exciting event: www.artinthecourtyard.org
The National Association of Women Artists, Inc
(N.A.W.A.) is inviting women artists to apply for memberships in three available categories: Regular Juried Membership, Student Juried Membership (BFA/MFA Students), Associate Membership—Non-Juried (emerging artists who are developing a professional body of work). Deadline for all applications: September 15 and March 15 of each year. (Excellent exhibition opportunities.) Please send SASE to: The National Association of Women Artists, Inc., 80 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1405, NY, NY 10011 or download application from our website: www.thenawa.org
Arts Center Killingworth’s Annual Outdoor Arts Festival and Open Studio Trail
October 12-13, 2013. Seeking New England artists in all media. Exhibit on the Madison Town Green (Boston Post Rd/Copse Rd. Madison, CT) OR open a private studio on the Connecticut Shoreline. $60 Registration Fee. Deadline: August 24, 2013. Prospectus and registration form: artscenterkillingworth.org. Contact (860) 663-5593 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Open Call for Entry – Urban Landscapes
The New York Center for Photographic Arts (NYC4PA) invites photographers world-wide to submit images using any photographic process (print, image transfer, emulsion transfer, encaustic, black and white, color etc.) Only 2-D work is eligible. The images should depict your interpretation of what an Urban Landscape means to you. Over $2,500 in cash awards. Selected images will be part of a New York gallery show, the NYC4PA Online Gallery and the exhibition catalog. The Grand Prize winning image being posted on the NYC4PA home page. Juror: Charles H. Traub. Deadline: June 15, 2013. $35/3 images; $10 for each additional image. Visit website to enter.
Annual Regional Painting Competition at The Guild of Boston Artists
162 Newbury St
Boston, MA 02116
Entry Deadline: 2013-09-03
The Annual Regional Painting Competition is a juried exhibition featuring the best of representational painting by New England artists who work in the realist tradition.
The exhibition will be on view in the historic President’s Gallery at the Guild’s 162 Newbury Street location, where newly painted walls and
distinctive natural light create the ideal environment for viewing art.
Selected artists will have the opportunity to exhibit where the great artists of the Boston School showed their work. Please review the following information and if you have any questions, please call or e-mail the gallery at 617.536.7660 or email@example.com.
In Bloom – Darkroom Gallery in Essex Junction, VT
…seeks entries for a photography exhibition, June 27 – July 21, 2013. Juror’s Award, Honorable Choice Award, People’s Choice Award. Jurors: Mark Sink & Kristen Hatgi Sink. Open to all photographers. $24/first 4 images, $5 each additional image. Deadline: May 29, 2013. Visit website for details. Questions? Contact Damaris Drummond at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-777-3686.
The Artwell Gallery’s 17th Annual Juried Show (June 22 – July 21, 2013) — Torrington, CT
Deadline June 1, 2013
•Artwell Members: $25/up to three pieces
•Non-Members: $40/up to three pieces
This juried exhibition is open to artists of all levels (professional, emerging and students 18 years and over). All art work MUST be for sale. Artwell shall retain a 30% commission fee on any work that sells as a result of this exhibition. Please price your work(s) accordingly. Visit www.artwellgallery.org for more information.
Blanche Ames National Juried Art Exhibition
Deadline July 6th. All media. $2,000 in awards. Juror David Preston Wells, Professor of Painting, NH Institute of Art, Manchester, NH. $30 for up to 3 pieces, $5 for each additional. Entry by color prints. Exhibit Sept 17th to Oct. 5th, 2013. Ames Mansion Museum, Borderland State Park, North Easton, MA. Open to all living artists 18+, residing in the United States. Color catalog. Send SASE to BANJAE, 66 Massapoag Avenue, Sharon, MA 02067 or download at friendsofborderland.org.
The Pittsburgh Watercolor Society
presents its 67th Annual International Aqueous Open exhibition, October 2013. Juror: Frank Webb. $4,000 cash awards. Entry deadline is July 8, 2013. FRANK WEBB Workshop, Oct. 11-13. Prospectus and workshop enrollment available at pittsburghwatercolorsociety.com. Contact: Samira Shaheen, email@example.com. (412) 731-0636.
Laumeister Fine Art Competition in Bennington, VT
The Bennington in Bennington, VT seeks entries for a juried art exhibition, July 27 – September 22, 2013. Artists from around the country and the world are invited to submit work to be included in our fifth annual fine art competition. The show will be juried by Peter Trippi, Editor-In-Chief of Fine Art Connoisseur. $7,000 in awards will be given and the representational artwork will be on view and for sale through mid-September. All fine art media will be considered and work must be for sale. $35 for the first two entries, $15 for each additional entry. Deadline: June 16, 2013. Visit website for prospectus. Questions? Contact Shirley Hutchins at Shirley@TheBennington.org or call 802-442-7158.
Catharine Lorillard Wolfe Art Club, Inc
117th Annual Open Juried Exhibition at the National Arts Club, NY. October 1–25, 2013. Open to women artists. Media: Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor, Pastel, Graphics, and Sculpture. Over $10,000 in awards. Online entry deadline is July 8, 2013. Submit your entries at www.onlinejuriedshows.com. For prospectus, send SASE to Okki Whang, 431 Woodbury Road, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724 or download prospectus here.
Art in the Orchard – at Park Hill Orchard – 82 Park Hill Rd. Easthampton, MA 01027
Entry Deadline: 05-31-2013
Art In the Orchard is seeking entries for sculptures and installations for its 2013 Biennial Exhibit set on the bucolic grounds of Park Hill Orchard, located in Easthampton, MA, one of the most dynamic arts communities in Massachusetts. The sculptures will be installed along a footpath meandering through this working orchard and fruit farm, providing exhibitors wide open spaces as well as more secluded settings.
The previous edition in 2011 featured 20 works by 16 artists. An estimated 4000 to 5000 people of all ages and walks of life visited the Sculpture Trail. Art In the Orchard 2011 was awarded the prestigious Gold Star Award for exemplary community arts project by the Massachusetts Cultural Council.
For more information and to download the application documents, visit www.parkhillorchard.com/art
Open Juried Photography Exhibition Entries due by Friday, June 14, 2013 From backyard to Broadway, Main Street to country road, playground to penthouse. What makes yourland unique?
- Juror’s Selection
- $500 Cash Prize. A published photography book of all the winning entries. Your winning image featured in an Online Exhibit.
- Director’s Selection
- $250 Cash Prize. A published photography book of all of the winning entries. Your winning image featured in an Online Exhibit.
Sony World Photography Awards 2013 – Professional Competition
http://www.worldphoto.org/competitions/sony-world-photography-awards-2013-professional-competition/ Are you a serious photographer with a true passion for the job? Do you understand the craft of taking pictures, documenting a story, conceptualizing an idea, capturing emotions and evoking a response from those who view the finished product?
Submit your best work for the chance to become the next Sony World Photography Awards, Professional Photographer of the Year and win our most coveted prize, the L’Iris d’Or, along with prize money of $25,000. deadline: 09/01/2013
More Calls for Entry:
FotoFanatic Monthy Photo Contest Enter the FotoFanatic monthly photo contest to be in with a chance to win a cash prize. Every month the members vote on 3 of the 4 categories. $2 per entry. For more information, visit http://www.fotofanatic.com/ .
Weekly Photo Com This photo competition is held weekly, with submissions from around the world. Entry fee is $1 per photo. Prize money depends on the amount of entries, since half of the entry fee is the dollar amount won. With 500 entries the winner will receive US$500.00, with 50,000 entries the winner will receive US $50,000. All participants are welcome. All work must be submitted online. Visit http://www.weeklyphotocomp.com/ for more information.
Illuminations at the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center Illuminations at the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center A rotating exhibit, for patients, families, friends and staff, intended to offer encouragement and shed light on the human experience. Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Open to all artists, mediums, and styles. For prospectus contact the program manager at (617) 726-4808orIlluminations@partners.org.
Daily Photo competitions Check out this site for daily photo