Calls for Entry
CALLING ALL ARTISTS & FASHION DESIGNERS NOW THROUGH NOVEMBER 8, 2013!
Submission deadline is December 1, 2013.
Now is the time for the Valley Photo Center Fall Open Submission Exhibit. Select your images and prepare the frames for the largest event of the year. Submission deadline is December 1, 2013. The exhibit will open December 10, 2013 and run until January 10, 2014 with the artist reception on Thursday, December 12, 2013 from 6pm – 8pm where the top three images will be awarded prizes.
Entry for this exhibit is open to everybody. Entry fee is $25 for the first two images and $10 for each additional image. Entry fee for students with a valid ID will be $10 for the first two images and $10 for each additional image. Images must be framed and ready to hang. Entry forms must accompany each submission.
Entries can be submitted to the Valley Photo Center, 1500 Main Street, Springfiled during regular gallery hours.
Additional locations are:
- Giclée of New England, Inc. 1240 Park St., Palmer
- In A Flash, 477 Breckwood Blvd., Springfield
- Long Leash LLC, 568 Main St., Wilbraham MA 01095
- Hunts Photo & Video, 379 Russell Rd. (Rt 9), Hadley
Splash 16: Exploring Texture
Entry deadline: December 2, 2013 (early-bird); December 31, 2013 (final)
North Light Books’ hardbound showcase of the best in contemporary watercolor
Entry deadline: December 5, 2013
We’re seeking art that is small in scale, yet big in impact in any subject matter, styles and media. Art work will be selected for its ability to impress the judges with creativity, technical skills and innovation. We look forward to seeing your entries!
An international juried exhibition with a purpose.
Promoting Art as Gifts during the Holiday Season!
December 18, 2013 – February 18, 2014
DEADLINE December 11th, 2013 Midnight EST
Earth, and everything on it, is the product of different combinations of the five basic elements: earth, water, fire, air, and space. Everything found in our world is unique because it contains a varying ratio of these five elements.
Whether walking headfirst into a gale of wind or digging our hands into the soil, we possess an inherent familiarity with the elements. All organic and inorganic substances are combinations of them, be it a time-polished rock or a shiny piece of plastic. A multitude of spiritual practices revolve around these five important pieces of the universe.
We are looking for photographic depictions of the natural world. Landscapes, macro and micro shots, abstractions and realistic images that capture the beauty, uniqueness and magic which makes up our planet.
Deadline December 15,
Faces of Winter 2014: Building on Classics
Painting, Drawing, Sculpture
“Home” International Call For Artists and Writers by ArtAscent -
Deadline December 31, 2013
The competition theme is “Home”. Home can be a building, a room, a
space. Home should feel comfortable and safe, a place where you
belong. It might be a sanctuary of safety, a group of objects with
memories that create a personal space, a country or community of
people that share a familiarity, or anywhere your loved ones are.
Perhaps simply having a warm bed with a cup of tea, or being able to
be emotional honest without pretense is your ‘home sweet home’. Show
us what home means to you.
Artist entries may include 2- and 3-dimensional media, paintings,
drawings, photography, mixed media, installations, ceramics, jewelry
and sculpture. Writer entries may include fiction, non-fiction,
poetry, short stories and other written explorations (up to 1000
words). Previously published or unpublished are eligible. Writers
retain copyrights. Entries start at $7.
$150 cash prize for gold winners. 4 winners receive an artist profile
feature in ArtAscent Art and Literature Journal. At least 23 prizes of
publication in ArtAscent Art and Literature Journal including links to
your website, promotion on ArtAscent website artist directory, and
exposure in social media.
The mission of ArtAscent is to promote artists of images and words,
and connect them with art lovers. This is accomplished by art and
writing competitions, art magazine publication, and artist and writer
directories. Each competition is theme based, with the intent to
showcase diverse creative explorations of that theme via various
media, including paintings, drawings, photography, mixed media,
installations, ceramics, jewelry, sculpture, poems and stories.
Competition winners are included in our publications and directories.
Contact: Che Lux
Contact email: email@example.com
Call details and to enter: www.artascent.com
Location: Online international
Social Websites (please connect!): https://www.facebook.com/ArtAscent
Deadline: Dec 31, 2013
The Slate Book Review and the Center for Cartoon Studies are proud to announce the second annual Cartoonist Studio Prize. The two award categories for the Cartoonist Studio Prize are Graphic Novel of the Year and Web Comic of the Year, awarded $1,000 each. In addition, this year award sponsor Copic is providing each winner with $250 of art supplies. Learn more.
Deadline: December 31, 2013
Entry deadline: between now and December 31, 2013
We’re seeking amazing photos from amateur photographers that highlight the best of America’s federal lands, national parks and historical sites in these categories:
- Adventure & Outdoor Recreation
Share photos of your favorite activities and adventures on federal lands across America’s Great Outdoors – camping, hiking, biking, boating, fishing, kayaking, skiing, climbing, riding, etc.
- Historical & Cultural
Inspire with images depicting historical locations and cultural events – from national historical sites and monuments to cultural celebrations on federal lands
- Scenic, Seasons & Landscapes
Capture scenic vistas and sweeping landscapes — fall foliage, forests, winter wonderlands, flowers, mountains, deserts, canyons, lakes, beaches, rivers, and more.
- Let’s Move Outside!
Part of First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move! initiative, Let’s Move Outside! encourages kids and families to be active and explore America’s Great Outdoors. So, what are you waiting for? Get outside and share your adventure with us!
Take a walk on the wild side with photos of wildlife on federal lands – mammals, birds, insects, reptiles. Keep your distance and stay safe!
Photos must be taken on the lands or within the facilities of these participating agencies:
- National Park Service
- U.S. Bureau of Land Management
- U.S. Bureau of Reclamation
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- U.S. Forest Service
other guidelines: click here
Photographs must be taken between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2013 and contest entries are accepted from May 10, 2013 to December 31, 2013. Winners will be announced by May 1, 2014. click here to enter
DEADLINE January 8th, 2014 Midnight EST
CALLING FOR SUBMISSIONS Darkroom Gallery VT
- All selected entries are exhibited in our gallery and included in a full color exhibit catalog.
- Juror’s Choice receives a 30×48″ vinyl exhibit banner featuring their image, free entry into a future exhibition, and a free exhibition catalog.
- Honorable Mentions receive free exhibition catalogs and free entry in a future exhibition.
- People’s Choice gains free entry into a future exhibit.
- We offer free matting and framing of accepted entries for the duration of each of our exhibition, subject to standard sizes. Photographers set their own prices if they wish to sell their work and retain all rights to their photographs.
January 14, 2014
Our world is a wondrous place and by capturing it with great photographs we advance the concept of conservation.
This contest is a celebration of that spirit.
B&H Photo, Video and Pro-Audio, Wilderness Safaris and South African Airways are pleased to present to you the B&H Wilderness Photo Competition, the most exciting outdoor photography contest there is. B&H, known as the professional’s source, has been serving the imaging community worldwide for nearly 40 years. Wilderness Safaris is a conservation organization and ecotourism company dedicated to responsible tourism throughout the areas in which it operates in Africa. South African Airways is Africa’s most awarded airline. Together, they have created two incredible prize packages— two all-expense paid African safaris (some restrictions see rules for complete details) for the winning photographer and his or her guest.
Entering the contest is FREE and you have two ways to become a winner. click here for rules
1.The Judged Vote: We have assembled an all-star group of judges comprised of industry heavies to choose their favorite image in each category as runners up. The seven runners up will be winning a $500 gift card from B&H while one will be chosen as the grand prize winner who will be treated to a super safari in Botswana.
2.The Popular Vote:You can enter one image in any of our eight categories and at the end of the judging period, the image that has the most votes wins! You can invite your friends to vote for your image or let your image speak for itself and have it rack up votes on its own from visitors to the contest website. “Let the people speak” and may the best photographer enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime safari to Namibia.
Friends of the Agawam Public Library
Entry deadline: entries accepted between January 18, 2014 – February 1, 2014
- Show Name: 4th Open Juried Photography Show at the Agawam Public Library
- Show Dates: February 3 – 28, 2014
- Start of two week drop off of photo: Sat. Jan. 18, 2014 10-5 and then afterward during Library Hours
- Library Hours: Mon-Thu 9-9, Fri. 10-6, Sat. 10-5 except on Sat. Feb. 1, 2014 10-1
- Last Day to Enter & Last Day to Drop off photo at Library: Sat. Feb. 1, 2014 10 AM – 1 PM
- Judging: Sat. Feb. 1, 2014 2pm Closed to public
- Pick up photo not accepted in the Show: Mon., Tue. Feb. 3 & 4, 2014 10 AM – 8 PM
- Reception & Awards: Fri. Feb. 21, 2014 7 PM – 9 PM
- Pick up photo at end of show: Sat. Mar. 1, 2014 Noon – 5 PM. If can’t come, call 413-789-1550 x8855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fees: Early-bird registration fee $25 per entry, if mail entry form & check by Sat. Jan.18, 2014; $30 after Jan. 18
- Entry: Multiple Entries per Category Allowed. All images must be original and made by the photographer.
- Fee applies to each entry.
- Categories: Creative, Nature, Photojournalism, Pictorial
- Awards: Total $1,340 – Best in Show ($300) and 1st ($120), 2nd ($80), 3rd ($60) in each Category plus 8 Honorable Mentions for a total of 21 awards
- A category must have five or more submitted and accepted entries to qualify for awards. Friends of the Agawam Public Library reserves the right to eliminate a category, if there are not at least five entries submitted and accepted. Photo entry fee will be refunded.
- Location: Agawam Public Library, 750 Cooper Street, Agawam MA, 01001
- Download Prospectus/Entry form: http://www.agawamlibrary.org/about/friends.htm
- Contact Bob Kadis if you have problems downloading the entry form and he will mail it to you.
- Contact name: Bob Kadis
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Contact phone: 413-789-4814
- More Information:
- All images must be captured with light sensitive material (either film or digital).
- Jury selections will be based on the review of the original images, not digital files.
- Wired for hanging with frame; No saw-tooth/clip hangers
- Wired Frame edge-to-edge max 16×20
- 5% contribution from photographer for photo sold. (Photo may be marked NFS.)
- Non-refundable entry fee unless category does not have sufficient entries.
- All images must be original and made by the photographer.
- No Download images are allowed.
- CREATIVE - This category is where the photographer can go wild. Digital manipulation is allowed.
- NATURE - This category is restricted to natural subjects. Wild animals, flowers, birds etc. The hand of man may not be visible (fences, barns, homes, roads, etc.). No domestic flowers or animals (hybrid flowers, pets) are permitted. Digital manipulation is not allowed.
- PHOTOJOURNALISM - The story telling qualities in this venue is the most important. Technical qualities still apply, but the purpose of this venue is story telling. Digital manipulation is not allowed.
- PICTORIAL - This category can be most any photograph: Landscapes, People, Pets, Travel, Seascapes, etc. This is a pretty broad area. Digital manipulation is allowed.
- Selection & Awards Jurors: Paul Deegan and Barbara Krawczyk
23rd Annual National Juried The Bennington Center for the Arts Exhibition of Traditional Oils
- Mailed Entries: Friday, January 31, 2014.
- Online submissions: Friday, February 7, 2014
44 Gypsy Lane
Bennington, VT 05201
June 7 – July 27, 2014
Oil Painters of America’s Twenty-third Annual National Exhibition will be held at The Bennington Center for the Arts, in Bennington, Vermont from June 7 – July 27, 2014.
Oil Painters of America is pleased to return to the Bennington Center for the Arts for our Twenty-third Annual National Exhibition and Convention, being held in Bennington, Vermont, June 7 – July 27, 2014. Founded by Elizabeth Small and Bruce Laumeister, the Bennington Center for the Arts was built in 1994 with the mission of offering access to world-class artists from all disciplines to residents and visitors of Bennington County. With a total of 9,000 square feet of exhibition space this is a lovely location for our 2014 show.
An opening reception will be held for artists, collectors, the public and the press on Saturday, June 7 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. with the awards presentation taking place at 7:00 p.m. As has become our custom, many informative and educational seminars will be offered to OPA members and guests during the exhibition.Our goal is to assemble the finest display of representational oil paintings. The focus in the jurying process will be to select paintings that show the highest quality in draftsmanship, color, and composition, emphasizing a diversity in representational style and subject matter.
Awards and Details
The total awards will be in excess of $75,000, including a $25,000 Best In Show.
The awarding juror will be Master Signature member Charles Movalli.
Artists who reside in the United States, Canada and Mexico and are 2014 OPA members or have submitted an application for membership or renewal for 2014 may apply for this exhibition. Artists whose residency is in question must provide OPA with documentation certifying legal residency. See Bylaws Article II K for definition of residency requirements. click here for prospectus
Online submissions: Friday, February 7, 2014
Mailed Entries: Friday, January 31, 2014.
Canvas size not to exceed 1200 square inches.
deadline:by March 31 2014
For a chance to win a share of the $20,000 in cash and prizes. $25 entry fee permits you to enter up to 10 images into the competition. Presented by the California Academy of Sciences. click here for details
Photographers (ages 18 and above) should enter images in one of the below categories. The same photo cannot be entered in more than one category. Judges reserve the right to switch images to other categories. Kids and youth should enter their images (of any of the below subjects) into their respective age division. Entrants must not submit images that involve the willful harassment of wildlife or damage to the environment by the photographer. Baiting of wildlife is prohibited.
Eligibility: Open to all 18+
Entry Fee: $25 for up to ten (10) images.
- Land Mammals Wild animals photographed in their natural habitat anywhere in the world. Images may include land based mammals whether they spend the majority of their time in trees or on the land.
- Birds Wild birds photographed anywhere in the world, in flight or perched or displaying any other behavioral characteristics.
- Insects, Reptiles, Marine Mammals, Fish and Amphibians Wild animals, except land mammals, photographed in their natural habitat anywhere in the world. Images may include reptiles, marine mammals, insects, fish or amphibians.
- Waterscapes, Landscapes and Plant Life Captivating images of wild places with a unique perspective, from expansive landscape vistas of forests, deserts and mountains to the micro habitats of plants and other flora. Images may include water environments of oceans, lakes and rivers with images taken above or under water including waves, tide pools and other water scenes.
- Conservation Imagery Images that tell a visual story about conservation issues of the natural world. Images should illustrate the impacts of humans on the environment and can be either positive or negative impact stories
The Provincetown Art Association
Deadline: April 1, 2014
announces the Lillian Orlowsky and William Freed Foundation Grant. Grants will be given to painters aged 45 or older in support of the highest merit by lesser known and needy artists. Applications are available online at www.paam.org or by calling (508) 487-1750.Completed applications must be postmarked by April 1, 2014. Click here for application
Momentum: Images of Dance — the tenth annual Sanford L. Rosenberg Memorial Dance Photography Competition.
June 1, 2014
- Each contestant may submit up to 3 entries (black and white or color)
- Each photograph must be 8″ x 10″ borderless – submitted works not following this instruction will be immediately disqualified (please use high quality photographic paper – matt or gloss)
- Each photograph must be numbered on the back corner to correspond with the listing on the application form (use soft pencil)
- Do not write on back of photo except to provide number in a corner as described above
- All contestants must submit a completed application with their entries
The 2014 contest will award six prizes: First, Second, Third and Fourth place; C.V.R.B. Commendation Prize and Honorable Mention. All six winners will receive graduated monetary awards and frameable certificates.
In addition, six juried winners will be awarded a frameable certificate.
All 12 winning images will be displayed on the website in 2014. Copy protection will be provided.
Sony World Photography Awards 4 competitions
Professional Competition – for serious photographers. Close 09/01/2014 http://worldphoto.org/competitions/sony-world-photography-awards-2014-professional-competition/
Open Competition – for amateurs and enthusiasts. Close 06/01/2014 http://worldphoto.org/competitions/sony-world-photography-awards-2014-open-competition/
Student Focus – for those studying photography. Close 12/06/2013 http://worldphoto.org/student-focus/2014-student-focus-competition/
Youth Award – for anyone aged 19 and under. Close06/01/2014 http://worldphoto.org/competitions/sony-world-photography-awards-2014-youth-award/
Open call, artists working in all media for future exhibitions.
Entry deadline: December 1, 2014
at W @ The Whit 42 Wendell Ave Pittsfield, MA 01331 4136958431
W @ the Whit is seeking submissions of art from artists working in all media for possibly placement in upcoming events and exhibitions. W @ the Whit is located in the main gallery of the Whitney Center for the Arts in a mansion in the historic Berkshires. Just down the Road from Tanglewood and Historic Lenox and a scenic drive from Mass MOCA. The Whitney Center for the Arts is in downtown Pittsfield, MA, Referred to as “The Brooklyn of the Berkshires” it is the largest city in the Berkshires and a growing artistic and cultural hub with several theaters and arts institutions within a few steps of the gallery.
Seeking submissions by artists working in any media for consideration for future exhibitions.
All submissions are to be done via email to WattheWhitSubmit@gmail.com .
Please include within the email-
-5 examples of your work and/or a link to where your work can be viewed on the internet.
-A description of each of the 5 images submitted including, name, dementions, year completed and retail price.
Monday, October 20, 2014
Create a work of art using ONLY the materials provided in a Mystery Build kit! What’s inside? We can’t tell you, but you can expect to find some common art materials like wood, clay, canvas, metal, and plenty of surprises. All 2014 kits contain the same materials, so each creator faces the same challenges and limitations. It’s a project that combines the creation of art, the challenge of a puzzle, and the fun of a game.
Mystery build is ideal for anyone looking to go beyond the standard art contest, to not only showcase their strongest talents and skills but also stretch their creative muscles and think and work in entirely new ways. The theme this year is “Build a Dream”. What does that mean? You tell us.
Purchase a Mystery Build kit and your project materials will be shipped to your door. Create an original project using only the materials provided, that relates to the contest’s theme. Share your creation online. Upload images and/or video of your project, as well as images/video of your work in progress. http://mysterybuild.com/
The Payoff: Fortune and Fame. Judges and voters will select the winners of cash awards! Winning artists get nationwide exposure on our website! 2014: $21,000 in cash awards
More Calls for Entry:
The National Association of Women Artists, Inc
Entry deadline: March 15, 2014
(N.A.W.A.) is inviting women artists to apply for memberships in three available categories: Regular Juried Membership, Student Juried Membership (BFA/MFA Students), Associate Membership—Non-Juried (emerging artists who are developing a professional body of work). Deadline for all applications: September 15 and March 15 of each year. (Excellent exhibition opportunities.) Please send SASE to: The National Association of Women Artists, Inc., 80 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1405, NY, NY 10011 or download application from our website: www.thenawa.org
FotoFanatic Monthly Photo Contest Enter the FotoFanatic monthly photo contest to be in with a chance to win a cash prize. Every month the members vote on 3 of the 4 categories. $2 per entry. For more information, visit http://www.fotofanatic.com/
Weekly Photo Com This photo competition is held weekly, with submissions from around the world. Entry fee is $1 per photo. Prize money depends on the amount of entries, since half of the entry fee is the dollar amount won. With 500 entries the winner will receive US$500.00, with 50,000 entries the winner will receive US $50,000. All participants are welcome. All work must be submitted online. Visit http://www.weeklyphotocomp.com/ for more information.
Illuminations at the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center Illuminations at the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center A rotating exhibit, for patients, families, friends and staff, intended to offer encouragement and shed light on the human experience. Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Open to all artists, mediums, and styles. For prospectus contact the program manager at (617) 726-4808orIlluminations@partners.org.
Daily Photo competitions Check out this site for daily photo